Jeff Foxworthy's commentary on Pennsylvania:
If you consider it a sport to sit in a tree stand all day long with a bow or a gun just to put food in your freezer, you might live in Pennsylvania
If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Bradford is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Pennsylvania
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in Pennsylvania. (yep, ours is!)
If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Pennsylvania cause you're all so damn friendly. (really, we are all friendly? seriously?)
If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, cause he wears a hardhat you might live in Pennsylvania (ha! my dad use to have this...and everyone here has a farmers tan)
If you have worn shorts, sunglasses and a parka at the same time, you might live in Pennsylvania .
If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, or if you are in church and your priest or minister asks you to pray for the STEELERS, and wants to get you all home for 1 p.m. kickoff, you might live in Pennsylvania (yep, we got out of church early once for a football game)
If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Pennsylvania
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE Pennsylvanian WHEN:
1. 'Vacation' means going up north past I-80 for the weekend. (ha ha ha, this is SO true!)
2. You measure distance in hours. (oh my gosh, again, i do this)
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once. (joe and i have both hit more than one deer)
4. You often switch from 'Heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again.
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching. (just did it this morning)
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings). (in my life i've had camo underwear, bra, skirt, pants and shorts...oh and a hair scrunchie)
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave all the doors unlocked. (oh boy, he knows us well doesn't he)
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them. (yep, i know how to use them and i carry them in MY car)
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. (true true...we've had snow on halloween before)
10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost fall, winter, still winter and road construction.
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a concrete statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age. (there is? lol...)
15. Down South to you means MORGANTOWN W.V.
16. A critter is something you eat.
17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his NEW FORD F150. (hell yes...)
18. You go out to fish fry every Friday and bingo every Wednesday. (ok the fish frys are good...but bingo isn't my thing)
19. YOUR 4TH OF JULY PICNIC WAS MOVED INDOORS DUE TO FROST. (ha ha ha...omg...dying)
20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
21. You find 0 degrees 'a little chilly.'
22. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Pennsylvania friends