i saw a status like this on facebook and thought it would make a good little random post...
it basically sums up my childhood...
and thinking back, these memories makes me all warm inside...
amazing times, amazing times...
* was raised on Hee Haw (i watched it every saturday night...and i can remember being mad when my mom would make me get a bath while it was on...so i would drag a kitchen chair into the bathroom and carry our little tv in there and sit it on the chair...i thought it was soooooo cool watching hee haw while i was in the tub)
* had a crush on any of the Dukes (oh yes, i was going to marry bo someday)
* was only allowed to drink soda on special occasions
* only watched cartoons on Saturday morning (smurfs, snorkels, shirt tails, garfield, foofur and punky brewster)
* played in the dirt (i had my own set of matchbox cars)
* got your butt busted (it certainly didn't take me long to realize when you buy a "paddle ball", once the ball falls off all that is left is a paddle)
* knew to never go anywhere on sunday because businesses were all closed, including stores + malls
* had a phone with a rotary dial (fairly sure we had this until i was in college, maybe even later than that...and i had one when joe and i were first married)
* had 3 TV channels (that would be 2 channels...unless there was a plane flying over, then you could get another one IF you could understand what they were saying through the snow)
* school started with the "Pledge" (every.single.day)
* could not believe the one entire season of dallas was a dream (watched dallas every week, faithfully, with my mama)
* rode on big wheels (i always had issues with these, guess my legs were too long)
* had a bedtime (i had a bedtime basically until i graduated...and even when i was older, i had a curfew)
* rode in back of pickup trucks (as often as i could...and i still do on occasion)
* recorded the top 40 from radio on cassette tapes (HA, i still have all of those tapes too...and you would be SO MAD if the phone rang while you were recording)
* rode your bike all day without a helmet (my friend shari and i rode our bikes daily, never once wore a helmet)
out for now